Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mixing Things Up

I love reading your essays, because even though you read the same book, and are asked the same question, you always come up with three different answers. Seeing this is one of my favorite parts of this job. I get very excited about it! I want to give you all the opportunity to see this as well, and respond to the different point of view expressed in the essays. In order to do that I am going to assign you to read one of your classmates essays. After you read it you will post a comment about it. Tell your classmate what you thought about the way they approached the question, how it gave you a new perspective, and general comments about the essay. It would also be good for you to respond to the comments that were made on your essay.

Post your essay on the blog under the Essay Question post.

Daniel you are going to read Tyler's essay.
Tyler you will read Kevin's essay.
Kevin you will read Daniel's essay.

I am instituting these new changes to foster a better exchange of ideas. You all have so many good things to say about the books, and it is a shame if I am the only person reading them. I think this will make the class very interactive, which is what we want. Please let me know if you have any questions.


Have you all ever seen these amazing chalk drawings? If you google "3D chalk drawings" and click on Images you will be able to see some more. They are amazing. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just googled these and they are incredible! Thank's for posting it!

Hilary Severson said...

I'm so glad you like them. The sort of mess with your brain, because of the 3D effect. I think these artists are amazing to be able to do that!