Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Movie Recommendation




I would like to recommend that AFTER you have finished the book, you rent the movie Of Mice and Men. The film stars John Malkovich and Gary Sinise, who also directed it. Filmed in 1992 on the Central Coast, I think you all will really like it. Maybe the three of you can get together this weekend and watch it. The movie does change some scenes, but the dialog is right out of the book. If you do end up watching it, please post and tell me how you liked it.

I know every family has different standards when it comes to movies, so please talk this over with your parents first. I just watched the movie a week ago, for the second time, so if your parents have any questions about the content, they can e-mail me. It is rated PG-13.

Have a good weekend. I'm off to Oregon for my nephew's first birthday!

3 comments:

Peter said...

I saw the movie last night and really liked it. One thing that kind of surprised me was how the film consistently reflected the book. There were not many deviations from the book and I thought the added scenes made the movie even better. It was cool getting to see the book played out on screen

Hilary Severson said...

I am so glad you watched the movie!! I thought they did a really good job too. The scenes they did add were necessary in order to understand the characters and the plot. I thought the actors did a really good job playing their parts. It was amazing how entire passages out of the book were spoken word-for-word, very impressive! I'm very glad you watched it and enjoyed it. Isn't the scenery beautiful? I believe it was filmed in Santa Inez Valley. It really brought the book to life.

Anonymous said...

i just saw this movie last night. i too, thought they did a great job. the guy who played Curley, did a good job, but i think Candy was really good. thank's for the recomendation.